Friday, July 6, 2007

Weight loss success story - Michelle Draper

Weight loss success story of Michelle Draper
In a world of diet pills, exercise equipment and books claiming to know how to lose those pounds that have taken residence where they are unwanted, Silverdale native Michelle Draper knows the secret.

Through the Million Dollar Body Game program and the at-home fitness boot camp with P90X, Draper lost 56 pounds and 10-inches from her waistline. Because of her success, Draper entered her personal success story and won $10,000 from the Million Dollar Body program and is now entered into the $250,000 drawing with the other winners from across the nation.

Michelle started at 186 pounds and lost 56 pounds already.

Here's her story in her own words:

My Beach Body story began Oct 2002. I went to the doctor for a check up. It was that dreaded time to get weighed. I got on the scale and really couldn't believe what the numbers on the scale said. I got off (thinking this thing must be broken) and back on. OMG! I was 196 pounds. At 5'6" 1/2 I was overweight. I had always been average weighing about 150. My poor eating habits and sweet tooth addiction had caught up with me. A typical days menu for me included a soda or two for breakfast, a soda or two and a mini bag of chips for lunch, a soda or two and whatever I made for dinner. If I bought a bag of candy I would eat the whole thing myself. I had managed to put on 46 pounds without even realizing it. The doctor told me I needed to loose weight especially since I carried the majority of my weight in my belly. I had an increased risk for diabetes, which runs in both sides of my family, and heart disease. Shortly after this insightful visit I went to the dentist as I had a tooth that was bothering me. The dentist asked me if I ate a lot of sweets and drank a lot of soda? I said yes, he told me that all the sugar was rotting my teeth and I really need to change my bad habits. I had 8 cavities. Ouch!

After those two wake up calls I knew I needed to make some changes in my life. I started walking 3 miles a day and lost 10 pounds. I got stuck at 186. I was really frustrated that the scale wouldn't budge and was about ready to give up. Then one late night when I was flipping through channels, I saw a Beach Body infomercial for Power 90. I saw it a few more times and was intrigued by what the program had to offer. I decided I would order it and try it out. I started my first round of Power 90 Feb of 2003. The first 30 days were very hard. Tony's jokes made it more enjoyable. I was able to lose 10 pounds in that first 30 days. When I saw the difference in the pictures from day 1 to day 30 it inspired me to keep going. By day 90 I lost 30 pounds, 13 inches off my body and I went from 31% body fat to 25% body fat. I was amazed at the before and after pictures.

I unfortunately did not adopt good eating habits and gained 20 pounds back. At this point I realized that this was going to have to be a lifestyle change for me. I switched from regular soda to drinking diet soda, convinced myself that candy was not a food group, and began eating three meals a day. I also started writing down what I ate in a food journal. It was and eye opener having to be accountable to myself for what I ate. I tried to stay in the top 2 tiers of Michi's ladder. I did a second round of Power 90 in Nov of 2004 and lost the 20 pounds I had gained plus I lost 6 additional pounds. I was now back to 150 pounds. I used the Power Half Hour, a mix of Power 90, some cardio and of course good eating habits to maintain my weight. I was able to keep the weight off this time! I finally learned the only magic pill for weight loss is a good diet and exercise.


I still had some more weight to lose to get to my goal of 130 pounds. I also wanted to tone my muscles. I saw P90X on the Beachbody websight, at first I was intimidated by the weights, pull ups, and push ups. I went to the message boards to see what other members were saying about it. After reading good reviews, I went ahead and ordered it. March of 2006 I started the P90X program. I was able to lose that last stubborn 20 pounds. The mix of weights and cardio helped me not only lose weight but change the shape of my body. The program was challenging. Tony made the weight lifting easy to understand, and I love the variety of the workouts. Using WOWY helped me to stay on track doing my workouts. The eating and workout books that came with the P90X were very informative and helped guide me through the program. I used the P90X recovery formula, it is wonderful after a hard work out and it tastes great. I also used the protein bars. They are convenient to take with you and make a nice meal replacement.

I went from being out of shape at 186 pounds wearing a tight size 16, to 130 pounds and a size 4. My body fat went from 31% to 16%. I lost 56 pounds and a total of 26 inches off my hips, chest, and waist. I'm in the best shape of my life. When I get tempted by food I remind myself nothing tastes as good as being healthy and in shape feels! Working out and getting in shape has empowered me to take my life back! Thank you Million Dollar Body!

1/2007 I have started a 2nd round of P90X. My goal this round is to increase my upper body strength and get more tone in my abs. 5/2007 I was honored to be chosen the May 10,000 winner. I have decided to do round 3 of P90X. The first 2 rounds I used the resistance bands to do the pull ups. This round my goal is to be able to do real pull ups and chin ups.

Most recently I have had several people come up to me and ask me how I stay in such great shape or tell me how lucky I am to not have a weight problem. When I tell them I used to be heavy they don't believe me until I show them my dreaded before pictures. Then I tell them how lucky I am that I found Million Dollar Body. It gave me the tools I needed to change my life and they should try it out.

Source www.milliondollarbody.com/seachelle

2 comments:

Mommy123 said...

I can totally impathize with what you are saying. I am only 22 years old but have NEVER had a flat stomach in my entire life. I am 5'5 and 200LBS. I decided last week to order P90X and thought, "what the hell" this is my last chance to lose the weight for an entire change of life. I want to go to Hollywood and be on movies. All my life I was told you're so pretty, but if you'd only lose that weight you'd be unstoppable....etc.. things to that effect. The fact of the matter is, I want to get down to a size 2, now that means I have about 80LBS to lose and am ready to do it. The main reason I haven't lost any weight is because: 1) I had a baby last Sept.
2) I carry my weight well (size 11, big breast and hips) but now I just can't take it anymore. So I will be posting my day 1 photo and my day 90 photo so you can all see if this product works for me. Wish me Luck. Mommy123

Anthony Voronoff said...

Hi Mommy123 I'm the owner of this blog and I'm posting here the stories of weight loss success of different people, wold it be celebrities or any person who managed to change his life to better!

I wish you success with your weight loss and if you wish you can send me your story with pics (or any profile where you describe your weight loss journey) and I'll post it here in this blog!

My mail is webmaster @ weigthtlosstabs.com

Considering your weight loss slowdown - yep baby birth is a factor, but I personally know people who lost all the weight gained during pregnancy after some time of moderate weight loss activity, so - keep up !!!