Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Australian TV Star Cat White weight loss success

ZESTY reality TV star Cat White visited Burnie recently full of advice on how to achieve one of life's toughest goals - losing weight.

The bubbly Melbourne woman who appeared in The Biggest Loser last year has dropped an astonishing 72kg over 14 months, and now tips the scales at 89kg.

She was in Burnie in Tasmania recently promoting a diet shake.

At first, losing the weight was tough for Mrs White, who had developed bad habits to cope with her busy lifestyle as a chef.

"When I left high school is when I started to pack on the weight. I went into cheffing and worked 16 to 18 hours a day ... I'd only eat two times a day. It was all crap because I was starving by that stage."

She entered The Biggest Loser as the heaviest girl on the program and got voted out after only three weeks - but she's since become that season's most successful slimmer.

"Having that stigma as the largest girl, I thought `I'll show Australia what the fattest girl can do'," she said.

"I definitely hit some setbacks in my time but overall it's been a fairly easy process. For me it's a lifestyle now," she said.

Mrs White now eats seven to eight small meals a day, including several meal replacement protein shakes.

She suggested people lose weight slowly - no more than 1kg a week - and exercise regularly.

"A bit of muscle mass helps fill your skin and accelerates weight loss."
She now exercises between four to six hours per week, and believes she'll be able to keep the pounds off for good.

Via The Advocate

No comments: