Friday, September 14, 2007

Weight loss success of a teacher


After Stacy Walker was told by her doctor she was a heart attack waiting to happen, the first thing she did was go to Starbuck's and order lemon pound cake and a hot chocolate.

"I just cried," Walker said. "I told my husband I had to do something."


Walker's doctor had prescribed pills to help aide the diet process, but she wanted to try Weight Watchers where she had previously had success.

"I was more than 200 pounds and five foot tall," Walker said.

Now, after about 40 weeks, the Stockwell Place Elementary School guidance counselor is a svelte size 6.

She said she gives a lot of the credit to the Weight Watchers program.

But even before she started the program, she tried a few things on her own.

"I gave up my habit of six cans of Coke per day and substituted them with 64 ounces of water daily, which I still do," Walker said.

"She's a Weight Watchers success story," said Stockwell Principal Tim Thompson, who works with Walker. "She looks great."

Walker followed the program and recorded her meals, drank the water and exercised 40 minutes, four days a week with a home cross trainer.

Now, she buys the Weight Watchers brand snacks and shares them with office members.

"I like the chocolate mint snacks," she said.

Besides losing her depression, Walker also found another health benefit.

She was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and had to have surgery on her ankle, which made it hard to walk.

With the weight loss, she has been able to walk without pain.

"Don't get me wrong," Walker said. "I still get the occasional peanut butter dessert from Shane's, but now I do it in moderation."

It's also not an uphill process, she said.

"There were times when I gained a few pounds during the weight loss process," Walker said.

But, she said, it's now a way of life for me.

"I'm not the person I used to be."

How does her husband feel about her stunning weight loss?

"You know how men are," Walker said smiling.

Via www.shreveporttimes.com

Proactol weight loss

Natural weight loss pills review

No comments: